Professional Development Courses
Check out our upcoming professional development courses & register online.
PEI License Renewal Credit Class Half Price Awards – Up to $1000 Available
- Apply now! PEIF is offering half price scholarships for educators attending PEI Professional Development Classes. These scholarships are intended to help classroom teachers expand their professional skills and knowledge in areas of ethics, classroom management, dyslexia, leadership, financial literacy, and stem.
- To apply for a scholarship, please submit a paragraph to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the workshop that you wish to attend and the direct benefits that you expect this opportunity to bring to you and your students.
- Scholarship awards will be applied directly to the Professional Development class specified in the application (limit one per person).
Human Trafficking in Our Schools – What, How, & Available Resources with Stephanie Olson, Yolanda Harden, & Barb Ranck – July 28/29
July 28 @ 8:00 am - July 29 @ 4:30 pm
This course will provide awareness, education, and resources for educators to recognize and appropriately respond to trafficking scenarios they may encounter in the schools and communities in which they serve.
Through lecture, video, facilitated discussions and a survivor testimony, those attending will learn:
- Human trafficking – what it is and what it is not.
- How to educate through a trauma-informed lens.
- How to create protocol when a student discloses.
- How to educate other educators and students, using available curriculum on:
- Facts vs. Myths.
- Common Vulnerabilities.
- Social Media and Other Grooming Techniques.
- Pornography’s Link to Trafficking.
- Healthy Relationships & Value.
- Empathy & Responsibility.
Instructors: Stephanie Olson, Yolanda Harden, & Barb Ranck
July 28/29 (Tues/Wed) 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
$40 PEI member, $60 non-member · 1 licensure renewal credit.
Minimum enrollment of 12 required. Maximum enrollment of 50.
Cancellations due to low class enrollment, full refunds will be issued
Student initiated cancellation 72 hours prior to course, $10 cancellation fee
Student initiated cancellation less than 72 hours prior to course, non-refundable
Please Fill Out The Form Below to register